Last Updated: October 22, 2013
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create an account, use the Services to post a message or photo (a "Blurt"), give a sender of a Blurt a credit (a "Toast"), send or receive a chat message, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your username, password, email address, gender, birthday, nickname, photo and any other information you choose to provide.
When you send or receive Blurts, we also collect, process and store the contents of the Blurts (such as texts, photos, locations, venues and/or beers) on our servers. The contents of Blurts are also temporarily stored on the devices of recipients.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Services
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Usage Information: When you send or receive Blurts, we collect information about these messages, including the time, date, sender and location of the Blurt.
- Log Information: We log information about your use of our websites, including your browser type and language, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the website you visited before navigating to our websites.
- Device Information: We may collect information about the computer or device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, MAC address, unique device identifier, phone number, International Mobile Equipment Identity ("IMEI") and mobile network information. In addition, the Services may access your device's native location and image storage applications, with your consent, to facilitate your use of certain features of the Services.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to you. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us to improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular and count visits. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as "tracking pixels").
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services.
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Services;
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by BlurtOut and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
- Detect, investigate and/or prevent fraudulent, unauthorized or illegal activity; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
BlurtOut is based in Japan and the information we collect is governed by law of Japan. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to Japan and other countries.
Sharing of Information
- With other users when you post Blurts or send them chat messages, including your nickname and the contents of the Blurt or chat;
- With users and others who view your in-app profile or website profile, which includes your nickname, photo, a sum of the number of Blurts you have posted, a sum of the number of Toasts you have given and been given, a sum of the number of connections you have built and a list of public Blurts you have posted;
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to legal process or a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, rule, or regulation, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- In order to investigate or remedy potential violations of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of BlurtOut, our users or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Analytics Services Provided by Others
We take reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.